Book, stay, enjoy. That's

Saturday 18 August 2018

Auckland to gain another five-star luxury hotel

Auckland will welcome a flagship InterContinental hotel in 2022 with IHG  and Precinct Properties having this week signed an agreement to open InterContinental Auckland.

The new InterContinental Auckland will enjoy an unrivalled location on the city's waterfront, with an address at 1 Queen Street. 
It will complete the $1 billion Commercial Bay mixed-use development, which boasts the largest concentration of high-quality retail facilities in the city and a new 39-level office tower with 39,000 square metres of premium office space.
The waterfront development is also destined to become Auckland's newest, shopping, dining and social hub, offering a vast range of food and beverage outlets complemented by the hotel's luxury dining experience, which will include all-day dining and bars.
The plans show that 90% of the hotel's 244 guest rooms will offer water views; making the other 10% of guests very much second-rate citizens.
Abhijay Sandilya, IHG's senior director of development for Australasia, said: “It's high time Auckland got a taste of the InterContinental life, so we are very excited about this announcement.
"Being part of such an iconic mixed-use development ensures the hotel, dining, retail and commercial components form a symbiotic relationship. Together with Precinct Properties, we will deliver a distinctive product that inspires those travellers who are looking for the InterContinental understated luxury, both in the leisure and corporate space.”
InterContinental Auckland will benefit from convenient access to the New Zealand International Convention Centre, Viaduct Harbour, Britomart precinct, Wynyard Quarter, Vector Arena, the international cruise ship terminal, Sky City and the casino. 
InterContinental Auckland will be the second for the brand in New Zealand, after InterContinental Wellington, and complementis InterContinental Hotels in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Sanctuary Cove.

No comments:

Post a Comment